Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So....Just how do they use my plasma for those fancy TVs????

Katie and I sold our plasma today. I didn't say "donate" because we were each paid $40. It wasn't too bad. But now I feel kinda queasy.
I set my alarm for 5:30am this morning. gooo...what was I thinking? I am not a morning person...at all. I can get up that early when I need to, but it wipes me out. But I did it. Headed for Katie's at 6:30. We wanted to be at the plasma place after it opened at 7am. We went up to the counter and I didn't have all of the proper ID. Katie told me I had to have my Social Security Card, but I can't find it. I found my old one with my maiden name, but they wouldn't take it. Can't blame them. The lady told me they could take my W2. So I pulled out a check stub....nope...it only had the last 4 digits...which matched the last 4 digits on the maiden named card...but she still would not take it. So I dropped Katie off at her house in Portland, drove all the way back home, got my W2, drove back to Portland to get Katie again, and went back. It is now after 9am. I had been running around for 2-1/2 hours just to get $40. But we did it. Since it was our first time we had to go through the entire process of questions, questions, questions and more questions. They must have asked me 10 times if I have had sex with anyone who was HIV or if I have had sex with anyone who has had sex with anyone who is HIV. They have to know, so I had to answer. What I didn't know was that he was going to look at my ankles. If I had known he was going to do this I would have shaved my legs and put some lotion on! They looked at Katie's too. I had to get over that little embarrassment.
All and all it was not a bad experience. Katie is thinking about making this a regular thing. You can donate twice a week. I'm not sure. I could go every Tuesday morning. It's not like I have anything better to do on Tuesday mornings. And it would be $40. If I donated twice a week I think my total for the week would be $75. It was kind of hard to follow the chart. It has to do with how often you go, and how much you weigh. The more you weight the more they can take out. So they can pay you more.
My arm is still a little sore, and my tummy feels weak, but other than that I would do it again.

No comments: