Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Monday!

I was so busy yesterday. Before I knew it, it was 6:30pm! I baked a cake for my nieces b-day and then worked on cards all day. I put on Gone With the Wind and worked and worked all day. I did have a little break around 3 O'clockish to take the cake over to my sisters. Gaaaaawd...my niece is now 18....that makes me feel old. Missy was the youngest in the family until James and his Melissa had Richie. He just turned 2. But Missy was the baby in the family for so long. And now she is 18, graduating, and is a Volunteer Firefighter. She has been in the Fire Cadet Program for a couple years and now she is going through all of the Volunteer Firefighter training. We are all so proud of her.
I have now sold 5 cakes for JA! Sweet! I put a sign up here at work so we'll see if I can sell a few more. So right now I'm sitting at $440! YAY! I only have to raise $60 more to reach my second goal of $500. I am going to bake some cookies and brownies tomorrow and bring those in to start selling for a $1.00. This Sunday will be the day I tackle Robert's Fred Bear sugar cookies. We bought a huge Teddy Bear cookie cutter and then a small heart one. Fred Bear is the mascot for Fred Meyer stores, and he is part of the Hero theme for the Bowl-A-Thon. I think they are calling him Super Bear. His costume is a shirt with a big red heart on it. So I am going to make the sugar cookies with a little red heart on them.
I never did say what necklace I wore Saturday. I picked the single strand of pearls. And did I mention my hair? It looked like f**king cr@ p!!!! I hated it. I wanted to curl it like I used to when I had longer hair. Well gee Barb....you can't do that with the shorter style that you have now! It was horrible....a complete Fashion Disaster...a major Hair Don't. I think I should put a bar over my eyes in the picture that Katie and took together. Ugh...it ended up curling way to tight and I could not get it to brush out. It just kept poofing up. So I sprayed it and left. I looked like some Texas Cheerleader Mom. It was scary I tell ya. When I got to the dinner....after Wicked was over 6 hours later....it had not moved an inch. It was still poofy. I got upstairs and found Robert and our friends and said " I hate my hair. I need wine." They, being nice because that is just the way they are, said "What's wrong with it? It looks nice." I said I felt like Sally Field in Steel Magnolias with football helmet hair. And then Robert, bless his heart, said "Don't worry about it. The room where we will have dinner will be dark anyway." Jody and I both looked at him like WTF did you just say! It was funny. I quickly downed my glass of wine and then said I was going to the ladies room and take a brush to my hair and see if I can fix it. I used a little water too. It was OK after that, but not that much better. I should have just styled it the way it was cut for. I learned a big lesson that day I tell ya!
Squeeeee!!!!!!!!!! I just sold 2 more cakes! YAY! Another one needed for this weekend, and then one for in a couple weeks. This seems to be working pretty well!

No comments: