Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm a Proud Owner of a Sony Reader!


Hubby gave me a Sony Reader for my b-day. I'm so excited to start using it. I was going to charge it and download a book today, but my work computer does not have a USB port that I can use. Guess I will just have to wait until tonight or tomorrow. I can't wait to start reading books on this. I think it will be so much easier than holding a book. After a while it starts to hurt my thumb, so I have to switch to laying the book down on the arm of the chair and trying to just hold it down instead of holding it in my hands. I have no idea what the problem is with my thumbs....arthritis??? carpal tunnel???.....I don't know. There is always a kind of dull ache in the left one. I just ignore it any more. Sometimes I will be massaging my hand and not even realize that I'm doing it and someone will ask me if my hand hurts. I'm always like...what??? I don't even know I'm doing it. Oh well. Getting old sucks, but hey...I'm still here right??? LOL! I'll take the little aches and pains.
The first book I am going to download is the one about Christian the Lion. I love that video and really want to read the story behind it. I won't be able to read it until I finish the book I just started on the wives of Henry the VIII by Alison Weir. I finally finished The Other Boleyn Girl. Now I'm reading about all of the wives.

I am doing really well on my fund raising for Junior Achievement. I have now sold 13 Bundt Cakes at $10 each. With my Kintera donations, cash donations and the brownies sales I have now raised....
$565.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go ME!!!!

3 comments:

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Hi Renee Eve!
You keep posting after I'm already done for the day! LOL! I'm not ignoring you...I just always see that you have been here the next day!
Thanks for the b-day wishes. I had a great day!

Renee Eve said...

Hi Barbara, I know your not ignoring me, your to sweet for that. It just seems like I can only get on the computer in the morning, or late evening. What a wonderful gift from your hubby. I didn't even know they had these LOL, It sounds nice if your into reading, I don't have time to read books, I use to read all the time before I had my boys.

Its probablly Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in your thumbs I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome very bad, I've had it for years, but Motrin use to help me a lot, but now it dosen't touch it, so my doctor gives me cortizone shots every 8 weeks or so, its like night and day. I will have to have surgery and I already have the surgeons name, but I want to get my mom taken care of first with her surgery.

My hubby is off today, tomorrow and Sunday, hes taking the boys to the Tigers game tomorrow, I'm gonna stay home and RELAX just with my mom.

If I don't get back Everyone have a nice Easter. Talk to you guys soon.

Love yas!!
Renee Eve xo xo

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Gee RE....you really think it could be carpal???? Bummer. I can live with the dull ache. I don't want to have surgery. I think what I hate most about it is that I have no strength in my hands anymore. It's hard sometimes to even hold a large diet soda! And forget opening jars. I have to have hubby do it. I used to have a rubber gripper, but I can't find it.