Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Followers

I just spent almost an hour trying to figure out how to block a follower. The info I was finding in the Help section was not working. The "block this person" button was not coming up. I finally found something in the Forums Group Help section that suggested that someone may need a more updated browser like Firefox. So I switched to my Firefox from IE and there was the block button. So I blocked someone. I have no idea who this person is. I was concerned because they did not have a name attached to them, just a bunch of upper and lower case letters. So they had to be spammers. Hopefully this will get rid of them. Unfortunately this is a public blog, so they may still be able to get on here. But I think it blocks them from my other lists and followers.
So go away person with no name.

4 comments:

Glynis said...

Hmmmmmm... you don't know who it is. But I think we have an idea how they got here.

Have a great day Barb! What's cooking in the bakery today?

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Just selling today!
It was really wierd. Not only did this person sign on as a follower of my blog Monday, but I also had something really weird happen. I came onto the blog first thing in the morning when I got to work because I was going to show the cake pictures, and when I logged off I happen to see that there 70 windows open! WTF???? Since it was a work computer we turned the computer off, rebooted and ran all of our virus and spyware programs. Besides a tracking cookie, we only found one other tracking device, so we removed that too. I then noticed that I had a new follower to the blog. When I tried to see who it was, they had no name, just a bunch of letters....like a ton of letters. So to me they are spammers and they are blocked. I think I got the tracking virus whatever the hell it was from them.

Renee Eve said...

Good Afternoon Barb & Glynis,

Thats good that you took them off of your followers list. You really have to be careful with this internet. Thats what I tell my kids too. The kid well now man was arrested 4 1/2 years ago for threats he made over the internet it was very scary but a LONG STORY, and I have to take Anthony to the Doctors at 4:15 he has something going on, sorethroat for 5 days, fever now, headache, earache in both ears, hes wheezing, so back to the doctors.

My mom is going to the surgeons today, I hope and pray she gets a surgery date. If you want to go read about the young man that was arrested you can go google his name Andrew Osantowski, his family lives across the street and 4 doors down. The parole board said he was to be released on March 19, but the Macomb County Prosecutor pleaded before the judge to not let it go and block the release and the judge blocked the release until April 13, then he postponed the hearing for another day, I have to go read about it later when I get home.

I'm sending out HUGE HUGS and PRAYERS for Dreama for her Dad and Grandmother!!!!!!

Talk to you guys soon!!!!

Love yous
Renee Eve xoxoxoxoxoxo

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Hey RE....I hope your mom gets some good news. I don't remember hearing anything from Dreama. Do you know what is going on???