Thursday, April 30, 2009

Why the big scare tactics?

I don't get this whole Swine Flu hype. It's the flu. My mom's doctor told her this morning that people die from the flu every year, and it's never made out to be this big a deal. They usually don't have catchy names. People get sick because they are either not washing their hands and sticking their fingers in their mouth, nose or eyes. They are having to care for someone else who has it, such as a school age child, or they work with people who don't know how to stay home when they are sick. I got the flu this year for the first time in ages because of being confined on the tour bus. It just passed around the entire bus. As far as I know, Robert is the only person who did not get sick. They make it sound like its the plague or something.
So if you get sick, do everyone a favor and stay home!
Mom and I went to see The Soloist today. Good movie. A little slow, but not too bad. The music put mom to sleep. **note to self: don't take nan to the symphony** Robert Downey Jr and Jamie Fox were really good. Not sure that they were Oscar worthy like I thought the trailers showed, but still good. Will have to wait and see more movies this year to make that call. Saw the trailer again for the new Sandra Bullock movie. Can't wait to see it. Looks really funny. I'm tired and can't remember the name of it. Ryan Reynolds is also in it...and Betty White! Can't get much better than seeing Betty White feel up Sandra Bullock!

1 comment:

Glynis said...

I am so jealous of all the movies you get to see! I remember seeing the trailer for the new Sandra Bullock movie and I agree...it looks good!

Swine flu. Ugh. I am over it!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!