Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Late Tuesday

Hey RE and Dreama. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I gave plasma again today with Katie. What an ordeal. We got there later in the morning than last week and there was a lot of people there. We took our numbers and signed in. Poor Katie. I was number 665...which means Katie was number 666! I handed it to her and she looked at me with disgust and said "Thaaaaanks" HA! I got there first! Like I would volunteer to keep it. Then she pointed out to me that they were only calling number 627....oiy.....we waited for 2 hours. We won't be doing that again. She said that the next time she goes she will go earlier. Not sure when I will go again. I waited so long and I was getting all fidgety, and my jeans were kinda tight around my waist so I was getting uncomfortable. Katie had 2 magazines, and I blew through both of those. I was not comfortable with all those people in there this time, and the tight jeans. Last time there was hardly anyone there. This time it was packed, and some people reeked of stale old cigarettes, gross. And some were coughing, gross coughing with some body to it. I just wanted to bail. But we were already there. Our numbers were finally called and of course when they called Katie's 666 the room was all "Oh no! That's a bad number!" And laughter. I'm sure Katie wanted to curl up and die. I went into the room for the quick protein test, blood pressure and all the questions again about sexual partners and drugs. After she was done going through all of that, THEN she told me my blood pressure was too high and I needed to go back out to the waiting area for 15 minutes and they would take it again. Dang.....I had just been paroled from there. So back I went. For 15 minutes. I tried to relax but this woman kept laughing and yelling out "Mmmm Mmmm Fried Chicken!" among other things. She was very loud. I just wanted to get the hell out of there. So I sat there and tried to be calm. Took deep breaths(as deep as I could for fear of germs and tight jeans)and tuned her out. They called my name and the blood pressure was fine. Once the plasma draw started it was OK. It was the wait that was awful. If I could just walk in, sign my name, go back and donate and then get the heck out of Dodge everything would be fine. I'm sure I will go again with Katie. Not sure when though. She will only get paid $25 now. She said it's not worth only $25 to sit for 2 hours. She agrees that if we got there early enough that we did not have to wait that long it would be OK. It was just way to long today. I have not talked to her since I dropped her off, but after we went out to lunch and I took her home, I came home and went to bed. I just got up. I slept for 2-1/2 hours. I would have slept longer if the sound of Robert opening the garage door had not woke me up.
What a way to spend my day off. All for $40.....well that and the fact that the plasma goes to good use. Guess that makes up for the long morning.

1 comment:

Renee Eve said...

Well Barbara, that was very nice of you and your daughter to donate plasma. My mom use to donate blood all the time, but she can't no more. I wish I could donate blood, but I seriously am a CHICKEN, I would pass out while they fill up the pint. I still get all light headed and clamy when I have to have a blood test. Thats what always scared me with having my babies was the IV and I had them all C-Section.

I LOVE naps, I try to get one in almost every day, I usually do, LOL when I drop the boys off, I come home and do what needs to be done, then take my blanky and coffee and sit in husbands new recliner and sleep for about 1-2 hours. He wakes me up on his lunch hour. Then I get up and run thru the house. Its now that hes on 40 hours he picks up the boys after work.

I will check back tomorrow, have a good evening!!!!!! Its 11:20 pm here in Michigan. Time for bed!!!!!