Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Another Christmas Memory

Divinity
Divinity

Russian Tea-Cakes

We, unfortunately, did not go over to my mothers parents house very often. We went over on Christmas Day until I was maybe in Junior High. Maybe. I can't even remember the last time we went over. It just became too much for my mom to get us all ready to go, and the house was super small, and super over stuffed with people. My mom's family is very large. And quite a bit younger than the rest of us. My mom was several years older than her sisters, and she actually has 3 kids older than her youngest sister! Yep. I have an aunt who is only one year older than me. And she not only has a son in Elementary school, but also a baby. So I have cousins young enough to be my grandkids! That is just so wrong on so many levels......
What I remember most about going over there was that it was always really hot in the house, and grandma always made fudge, divinity and Russian tea-cakes. I ate the fudge, but was not fond of the other two. My sister loved them though. So this year we are going to attempt to make divinity and Russian tea-cakes. Terri said she has made them before, but it was a long time ago.
Should be fun to give it a go!

No comments: