Tuesday, December 8, 2009

a little bit late Christmas Memory

I have been really busy today. Errands, mailing Christmas cards (half of them) and then addressing the other half. Even got in a little shopping. Just a little. That is why the late blog. I was going to do it earlier, but got side tracked. Oh well....

We don't exchange gifts on my side of the family. At least that is what we say. I like to make little things for everyone, so I still give stuff. I don't do it every year, but most of the time I do. So instead of buying gifts for everyone, we buy a $10 gift and then we play the game where you can steal a gift some else has already opened. Does this game even have a name? Well one year my mom bought a stuffed Santa. I think there was another one too, but I can't remember what it was. Anyway...Katie ended up with it. People were still picking gifts, and Katie was trying really hard to get rid of the stuffed Santa. When it was someones turn to pick a gift, she would take Santa's hand and wave it frantically around saying "Pick me! Pick me!" We were laughing so hard! It was so funny. I can't remember if she ended up with them. I think she did actually. She did. She donated them the next year to the Teddy Bear Toss at the hockey game.
I'm sure they went to a good home!

No comments: