Thursday, December 24, 2009

Memories of Christmases long long ago.....

By popular demand.....
I give you Robert from Christmases long long ago.....
ENJOY~

Early 90's. Digging the striped socks and sweater!

Late 80's at the rental here in Vancouver.

Late 80's at the same rental. He's a little curled up in this one!

HA! This one I know the year and the day! December 25th 1985. There is a good story behind it!
We were living in Salem. I was pregnant with Bryan and spent most of the month of November in the hospital sick from the pregnancy (thanks Bryan). On Christmas Eve we went over to the neighbors. Really nice people who moved back to Wisconsin after we moved to Newport. Guess they just couldn't live there anymore if we were gone :-)
We went over to celebrate with them and after mixing a few drinks for Robert, they decided to start mixing drinks of straight alcohol with no soda or anything. They would throw in a shot of rum with a shot of vodka and tequila. Or some other shot or two of booze. After a couple of those Robert started weaving back and forth.....while sitting down! I asked him if he was OK, and he kinda mumbled something about not feeling well. So I took him home....and the fun started. He puked...and puked...and puked all night long. Kinda like I was doing in November, but I was...you know....pregnant....and he was.....you know.....suffering from alcohol poisoning. I had no idea that the neighbors had done this until a while later. I thought he was just drunk. Christmas morning we were trying to open presents with Katie, and Robert would open a present. Then barf. Open. Puke. You get the idea. He even threw up in his slippers. We should have stayed home, but we were young and stupid, so we drove from Salem to Vancouver to have Christmas with the families. I drove. He puked in the car. We got to his sisters place, and he promptly went into the bathroom and....I think you get the idea. He actually laid down on her bathroom floor and passed out for a hour or so. Fun! Then we went to my moms....and he threw up some more. Then we got that classic shot!
After he was feeling up to it, we opened presents. Every present he opened from my mom, sisters, brothers....was booze! Bottles of rum for the drunk!

~~And here is where it all began~~
~~Can I get an "Awwwwwww"~~
Have a wonderful Christmas Eve!

No comments: