Friday, December 18, 2009

Kittehmas Memory

Every year we filled stockings for our kitties. They each had their own stocking with their name on it, but you could never get them to stay out of each others stockings. I'm sure the catnip had something to do with it :-)
Our original 4 kitties were outdoor cats. They would come in to visit, nap, whatever, but they were usually outside. Christmas morning we would bring them in and let them find their stockings under the tree. I would put stuff like toys, can food, treats and old footies filled with some catnip and then tied in a knot. They loved those. But as soon as they would get a stocking they would start rolling around with it, and kicking it with their back feet, and just plain making a mess out of it all! Do you think the catnip had anything to do with that?
I have not filled stockings yet for Kodiak and Alyeska. Since they are indoor kitties I didn't want them to think that the tree was a giver of the nip. They pretty much stay away from the main tree. Now the little fake white tree that sits on a table in the front window is a different story. Aly gets up in the window and then sits there and tortures the poor feather butterflies on it. I think she has successfully killed all but one. She has knocked off the occasional glass one too, but for some reason they have not broke. Now if I drop one on the hardwood floor they shatter into a million pieces. But when she knocks one off if just becomes a toy for Kodi to chase around the floor. Guess she is just a really talented cat.
I am thinking about filling stockings for them this year. I have not made a nip sock for them yet.
This might not be my best decision ever made......
Mary: Thanks for stopping by the other day :-) I love my jewelry tree. I loved hearing about turning your mom's dress into special bookmarks for everyone. What a sweet thing to do!
Dreama: Thanks for stopping by yesterday :-)

No comments: