Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Memory

One thing that I really missed when my kids were growing up was the lack of a Christmas Program at school. There were the occasional Winter Programs, but it seems like they were few and far between. I recall a program that Katie was in that they sang the Dreidel song. What I miss is the programs like the ones we had in school. I loved getting up on the school stage and standing on the risers singing all the Christmas songs. It was so much fun. And we always had a huge Christmas tree in the Gym. And we would gather food for people in town who needed help. I don't understand why we can't just celebrate the season by embracing all of the different customs and celebrations of the entire community. I don't care if it is based on religion, or based on a old Pagan ritual. It's just fun to celebrate the season.

2 comments:

kittyhawk44 said...

We did a holiday thing once?? I don't remember one at all. I just remember the spring programs.

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

it was in kindergarten in eugene.