Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Memory

With it being so cold this week, its only 28* right now, it reminds me of our Christmas last year. Our very first White Christmas. I can not recall ever in my lifetime having a true White Christmas until last year. And last year was definitely a white one! We had 18" of snow. It was so much fun. I loved every minute of it. Oh I'm sure I complained at some point about it (like when I had to drive in it), but deep down, I loved it. I had to miss some work though. No one was going in, so we just kept the office closed. So I did miss the paycheck....
Waking up Christmas morning and actually having snow on the ground was something I will never forget. We have had heavy frost (which we call a trace of snow:-) and we have had a couple really nasty ice storms, but not snow. As a kid the first thing I would do Christmas morning when I woke up was to look out the window to see if it had snowed. It never did. But I looked anyway. A kids gotta dream. Unfortunately as an adult I still look. Every Christmas morning I look out the window to check for snow. Last year I didn't have too, we had enough snow on the ground to last for weeks! I envy people who always have a White Christmas. Robert and I have said many times that we want to go to the mountains for Christmas, but we never do. We have gone sledding the day after, but someday we will go to the mountains somewhere for Christmas. Reminds me of the movie White Christmas. We will go to Vermont for Christmas.

Snow, it won't be long before we'll all be there with snow
Snow, I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow

Snow, I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow
Snow, oh, to see a great big man entirely made of snow Where it's snowing
All winter through
That's where I want to be
Snowball throwing
That's what I'll do
How I'm longing to ski
Through the

Snow, those glist'ning houses that seem to be built of snow
Snow, oh, to see a mountain covered with a quilt of snow

What is Christmas with no snow
No white Christmas with no snow
Snow

I'll soon be there with snow
I'll wash my hair with snow
And with a spade of snow
I'll build a man that's made of snow
I'd love to stay up with you but I recommend a little shuteye
Go to sleep
And dream
Of snow, snow, snow, snow, snow

A girl can dream.....

1 comment:

Bon'O said...

Nice!

(tried this earlier but it didn't post, so if you get this twice, it's twice as nice!)