Thursday, December 31, 2009

Found Kitty a Home

I'm so excited! The kitty that showed up at my house on Christmas Eve was picked up last night. He has a new home. I feel bad for the original owner, but you know what....watch your pets. If they were that concerned there would have been some kind of ad or something. We looked all over. No micro chip, no ad in the paper, no response to the Craigs List about him. Well there were a couple, but it was not for him. He never even tried to leave my house. He was there all day and night. The first time we fed him the poor thing was starving. He was so hungry. It took a couple feedings for him to slow down. I don't think he had been fed in a while. He was a fatty, but you could tell he had not eaten.
So the lady who wanted him called late last night. She needed to bake a cake for a work function and wanted to know if she could come by later to meet the kitty. I said sure. She didn't call again until almost 10pm. I was OK with that because I knew as soon as she saw him she would take him. Her other concern was that she had plans to go out of town and would not be back until Saturday. I told her that if she decided that she wanted him, I would keep him at the house until she could pick him up this weekend. So she came out. After picking him up and looking him over and he was headbutting her and just being the big old lovable teddy bear that he is...she said she would take him......right then. She decided to take him home last night and not go out of town. She wanted him. He was just the sweetest kitty. I just couldn't bring another cat in the house with the 3 I already have. Aly was not too happy with him even being outside. Kodi seemed to like him though. And poor Cammy does not like any other cat at all anymore. She gets along with Kodi, but Aly picks on her. I couldn't do that to Cammy. I was so lucky to find him a home.
Have a safe New Year's Eve!

No comments: