Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Memory

One of the things I enjoyed about Junior High was giving gifts to my friends at Christmas. We always had so much fun doing that. I loved buying the really huge candy canes or Hershey bars. Do you remember those? They were so big. You could also buy really big Sugar Daddy's. Is that what that big caramel on a stick was called? So much fun! I swear they were like a foot long. I am going to google it and see if they can still be bought.
Be right back!


OK....A word of warning....
When you google "large sugar daddy" you don't just get sites about candy.....

**stop your snickering this instant!**

According to a site about old time candy, the manufacturer of Sugar Daddy stopped making the 1lb Sugar Daddy some time ago. Bummer. Every kid needs a pound of caramel on a stick!
I still have Christmas cards that friends gave me in school. I should take pictures of those and upload that, but I am at work so that would be kinda hard.
Did you ever give out one of those big Sugar Daddy's or the candy canes?

4 comments:

DreamaTexas said...

My parents stopped giiving me the Sugar Daddys because all of that goo pulled out a crown. Don't ask me how my parents got roped into paying a dentist to put so much money into baby teeth. I do remember the giant peppermint candy canes and I wanted them shaped like a candy cane. If they were just stick shaped then I pouted. LOL

DreamaTexas said...

I'm still trying to remember what gifts I swapped during grade school or junior high. I am in a brain fog as far as Christmas candy. I'm in a fog period. I've had sinusitus for so long now and my mind is totally not functioning. Doc says in time I'll be "all there" again but I'm just not seeing it this time around. My brain seems permantly in a spiced eggnog state.... ... .. . Those little dots are the last of my brain cells..FADing fast... ;)
whimper...pity..

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Yeh...i remember never biting those things. I would just suck on them until you could stretch them out really long...OK...WOW....did that sound uber nasty or what??? LOL!
Sorry you are still sick. I hope you kick that soon!

Frank Dux said...

Those sound sick....