Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Memory

One of my favorite things about Christmas is the tree.
I have a three special ornaments on it. They are special because they have been on our tree every year since the very first Christmas that Robert and I spent together. I remember that on Christmas Eve I went over to his place and he surprised me with our first Christmas tree. He bought it when he got off of work....for $1.00. And he picked out some ornaments for it. I have three of them still.




These little glass birds. There used to be 6 of them. I have lost the green and clear ones. I think they must have been left on a tree at some point. And I think the yellow one broke. But I'm super careful with these three now. It's funny to me how these have been on every tree we have ever had, and for the past few years I have bought so many little birds to go on the tree!
I also still have the very first Christmas present he gave me. A gold chain. I may not wear as often now, but I will never part with it. I can't remember what I gave him. I was super poor. I just asked him. He said "You expect me to remember something from over 27 years ago?"
Guess not :-)
Men....gotta love em!

No comments: