Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Memory

Here is one of my favorite stories of sibling one-upmanship.
I needed a dress to wear to an event. Most likely it was for a work function for Robert. I didn't wear a lot of dresses back then, still don't, so I borrowed one from my sister. That was when we were the same size. Now she is quite a lot smaller than me :-(
When Christmas came around I still had not returned the dress to her. So being the smartass that I am, I wrapped it up all pretty and took it to the family get together. If I remember correctly, when she opened it she said something like "This looks like a dress that I have." Too which I said "That's because it is your dress." We all got a good laugh.
Now I don't remember if it was the next year, or if it was a few years later, but she got me back.
We were all together, exchanging gifts, and she gave me my present. It was heavy. And in a big box. Everyone was watching me open my special gift. I took the lid off the gift and the tissue paper was kinda wet. I took the tissue paper off and there in the box, still kinda wet, was the toilet plunger that I loaned her! Hilarity ensued! Of course it was only wet because she put a little water on it....but it was still gross!
She won~

No comments: