Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Memory

My Grandma & Grandpa Gus always had the same candy at Christmas every year. Stuff like this....

They always had these kind of hard candies. I liked the ribbons and the ones with a little filling in them.
And these....


I would eat so many of these Orange Slices I would get a stomach ache. Now I can't stand them.
Another one Grandpa liked.....



Chicken Bones. Similar to the Chick-O-Stick...but slightly different. I think it was the coating that was different. I liked these too!

The next one though....not so much....


Ack! The Circus Peanut. These were so chalky. And they felt weird on your teeth when you bit into them. And the taste....bleck. Don't see how they could call this "candy".

After eating tons of junk I would then want these....


These little mint pillows were like rolaids for kids. They had a way of soothing your tummy. I don't remember stuff like homemade candy and fudge at G&G Gus's...just this hard candy. Oh...and this stuff....


Bleck. LOL! Yeh...didn't like the licorish ones either. But this is what they had. Do you remember any of these? Did you eat them too?

No comments: