Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Good Daughter

I got up at 5am this morning to take my mom to a doctor appointment. She had a colonoscopy this morning. Not fun. At all. For her that is...I'm not complaining about getting up at the buttcrack of dawn. She was not looking forward to this at all. She felt like the doctor was forcing her to go. She told me that she "doesn't have a problem pooping." But the doctor told her that at 69 she was over due for the test. So she went. She said the worst part was having to drink all of the stuff yesterday to get herself all cleaned out. She threw up the last of it. Bryan had that same problem. It's just too much liquid for your stomach to handle. She told me that the test itself was easy. She pretty much fell asleep and doesn't remember any of it. When I picked her up all she said was that she felt drunk and wanted a hamburger. Oh mommy...So funny. All she could think about yesterday was that her reward for having the test was that I would take her to get a burger. I told her that since it was only 8:30 am, she would have to go home for a few hours before I would take her to lunch. I was not going to feed my mother a burger that early in the morning. I brought some crackers and water in case she needed to get something in her stomach. She munched on a couple crackers and was going to go home and scramble an egg to get her by until she could have her burger. Gawd.....my mother is obsessed with hamburgers!
But everything looked good and all she has to do is add more fiber to her diet. So yay for mommy having a clean pooper!

No comments: