Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I am Thankful for....#09

Soup.
Come on....Who doesn't love soup! It's super cold here today. 44 degrees. And yes...to me that is super cold. I'm freezing. I went to Subway for lunch and saw that they had potato soup. Yummmm! But I swear they never have it when I want it. So I asked. Nope. All they had was a tomato pasta soup. Wasn't feeling that one. So no soup for me. Bummer. I was looking forward to some hot soup to warm me up. **le sigh**
For how much I love soup you would think that I make soup from scratch all the time. Nope. I never make it. I have made stew, chili, goulash, navy bean and potato soup. But I'm pretty sure that I have never made a homemade chicken noodle soup. My favorite. I don't know why. Maybe I'm just afraid it will taste bland. I bought Katie a soup cookbook for Christmas last year, and then didn't let her take it home. How rude was that? I know. Pretty mean of me. I wanted to look through it and write down some recipes before she took it home. And guess what? I have not looked at even one recipe. And I still have it. 11 months later. And I even loaned it out so that my sister could copy some recipes. Bad momma....
I am now promising to look in that book for a chicken noodle soup recipe and I will make it before Christmas! I will let you now when that happens....

No comments: