Monday, November 23, 2009

I am Thankful for....#04

My Friends.
But first off....I totally jinxed myself with the last blog. I wrote that Wednesday because I was headed to the beach for the weekend. At the time of writing it I was fine, but then later in the afternoon....not so much. They have been working on refurbishing our front porch at work all summer. They started it, then left it all torn apart while they went off and worked on other stuff. Which kinda pissed us off because people were getting all confused about coming in the back door. Anyway....they were working on it Wednesday and did not get around to installing 3 of the pillars. So one of the guys asked if he could store them overnight in our entry instead of loading them back in the truck and taking them back to the shop. I asked him if they were dry and if they smelled. He said they were dry and that they did not smell. OK. I didn't want to be a bitch and say no. Well he lied. They stunk. They used an oil based paint on them and by the time I left Wednesday night I had a sore throat and my nose was all plugged up. I was like that all weekend at the beach. Sucked. I still feel like crap but I had to work today because Diane is on vacation all week. I could have used a day in bed with meds. But I'll live.....
Back to what I am Thankful for....
Friends.
I have the best friends ever. Seriously...I love my friends. Some I have had for a few years, others for over 30. How great is that? REALLY GREAT!
I even got back in contact with my very first friend from childhood, Christy. I loved getting together with her and talking about old times and what has been going on her life lately. We enjoyed it so much that we thought it would be fun to find all of our old neighborhood friends and plan a get together. So we did. I found everyone, or most of everyone, on Facebook and with only 2 weeks notice they all showed up for pizza and laughs. It was so much fun. We decided to have a big get together next summer with all the families and have a big old neighborhood BBQ. Can't wait!
I also love that I still talk to so many of my friends from school. They mean so much to me, and I am so grateful that they are still in my life. I meet Jenny and Beth for lunch all the time. I get to see Annie when she comes into town. And now that she is on Facebook I can keep up with her doings more! She is one busy bee!
And I have my camping friends. These are friends of both hubby and mine. Couples. They are all so much fun to camp with. We didn't camp as much this year, at least I don't think we did. Maybe its just because there was such a gap in the last time we went out. July until November. Big gap. I had fun this weekend, but since I was fighting this cold/paint reaction whatever it was, it was not as fun as it could have been. I tried really hard to not think about how crappy I felt, but sometimes it just got the better of me. Except the day we went to tour the Rogue Brewery. I sucked it up, and then drank beer. I'm not a big beer fan, but they had an Orange Honey Wheat that was really really good. Too bad it was only on tap. I would have bought some. Well...I could have filled a growler. But that's a lot of beer to drink. But it was yummy. And I am now a Citizen of the Rogue Nation! I have the card to prove it!
Sorry....I am really off track today.
Friends. Yes...I am so lucky to have so many friends that mean the world to me. If you are reading this...then count yourself in there as one of my friends who are so very important in my life....
Aren't you lucky ;-)

No comments: