Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sleighbells Ring.....are you listening????

Ahhhhh....Christmas is in the air.....can you smell it???
I took my mom, sister and niece on our annual trip to Sleighbells today. Sleighbells is a Christmas shop about 45 minutes from here. We used to go Thanksgiving weekend, but OMGosh it is super busy that weekend. So we started going earlier in the month. I think today is the earliest we have gone. We always start out having a big breakfast somewhere, then we drive out and spend a couple hours wandering around in that big old house. You can get turned around in there and end up in some back corner. But you need to do that or you miss stuff! You have to look up too. Some ornaments are hung over the doorways on garland, and no where else. Which seems to be the ornaments that I always want! This is the one I had to reach for today.....

I showed mom and she said "Where did you get that? I didn't see that?" So I took her to them and showed her that they were up high and that they came in light blue, copper, gold and the silver that I was buying. She asked me to get her a silver one! They are prettier in person.
I also got a couple birds. I get them every year. So does my sister. She had picked out quite a few little birds and then I showed her the quail that I picked out. "Where did you find that one?" She said she better go ahead and get it because if she didn't she would just keep thinking about it! So I took her back to that corner and she grabbed one. Isn't it cute!


It's a soft peach color with some copper colored glitter. I also bought an ornament that is three little blue birds on a branch and two robin nests.
Then we went over to a wall in the area that had all of the bird ornaments and we were looking at some other ones. My sister saw some really pretty hummingbirds. She looked at the different colors and style and picked one. I thought they were so pretty, but I was trying to not spend too much money, and I didn't want to put back anything that I was already attached too! So she bought me one just like the one that she picked out!

Isn't it cute!
We had a great time. I may end up going back before Christmas though. But if I do, it will be mid week on one of my days off. It's going to be crazy there on the weekends!

No comments: