Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Won't You Be My Neighbor???

OK....I just typed out the title, and it makes it sound like I'm begging people to be my neighbor on Facebook games! I guess that means I spend way to much time farming! LOL!
No....this is actually about neighbors. Go figure.
I have been planning a little get together with friends from the old neighborhood. Old neighborhood as in the one I grew up in. I recently met up with my childhood friend Christy. We had not seen each other since High School. We did go to each others weddings, but I think we both skipped the receptions. So much time has passed, and yet when we got together we talked for 2 straight hours. It was so much fun to see her again. We thought it would be fun to meet up with people from the old neighborhood, so I got a hold of who I could find on Facebook and we are getting together in 2 weeks! I can't wait to see everyone. It's going to be so much fun!
I was asked by one of my friends at work if I could make a couple cards for her. She wanted something for her granddaughter's birthday and baptism. Baptism??? Hmmm....that's a first. The birthday card was easy. She wanted something girly/pink. For the baptism she said she wanted something white. I asked her if there was a quote or something "baptismy" she wanted on the card. She had no idea. Neither did I. I went online and found a saying that I thought was cute....
A child is a precious gift from God
And baptism is God's gift wrapping
I thought it was cute for a little girl, so that is what I put on the card. And I had to have some color on it, so I used a light pink cloud looking paper for some of it. I think it turned out cute. Hope she likes it.
Tomorrow is the big day for my blog. One year ago I started this.
Wonder how much longer I will keep this up......

No comments: