Sunday, November 15, 2009

I am Thankful for....#12

Binoculars.
My sister and I went up to the Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge this morning and we saw some really cool things. Things we have not seen there before.
Some of the usual suspects were there....
Great Blue Heron
Red Tailed Hawks
Harrier Hawks
Bald Eagle
Northern Shoveler
Pintail
Cinnamon Teal
Mallards
Coots
Buffle Heads
Canadian Geese
Grebe
Tundra Swans
Osprey
Wrens

But the new ones that either she or I had not seen there before were....
Great Horned Owl (I have seen. Not sure if she had seen before)
Snowy Geese (new!)
and.....
12 Otters! 12! TWELVE!!!!! There were so many of them. Katie and I had seen 2 once before, But they were in the larger lake swimming around, so we did not get a really good look at them. But these ones were swimming in one of the smaller creeks, so they were right next to the road. They would get in and out of the water, eat little fish, roll around in the grass, play with each other. You could hear them talk to each other. It was so much fun to see them!
As soon as my sister uploads some photos I will steal some for here.....
Hubby just said she posted so I will go steal!

River Otter
awwwww....cute cute cute!

Blue Heron
Commorants
Can you see the Bald Eagle??
Really cool tree
Crossing the river on the way out. Love this shot!

No comments: